What do I need to take?
Do not forget to pack up the following items:
- Original Passport
- Long and short-sleeved shirts
- Insect repellent (DEET free)
- Sunblock (at least 15 SPF and waterproof)
- Strong flashlight
- Photo camera and spare batteries (please use rechargeable batteries and take used batteries with you in order to avoid environmental pollution)
- Personal hygiene articles (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.; please, use biodegradable products as much as possible)
- Medicines with prescription
- Small backpack
Bear in mind that electricity in Ecuador is 110 volts.
** Please, do not use disposable plastic bottles inside our reserves. We will provide bottled water in the lodge, and you can refill it as many times as you want.**
How is the weather going to be?
Canandé and Buenaventura are wet and warm, with some mosquitoes. Jorupe is dry and hot, but nights can be cooler. Tapichalaca is cold and wet, with frequent showers year round. Yanacocha is high altitude and chily, you will need thick clothes. Trails can be wet and muddy, so rubber boots will be necessary.
Do I need Yellow Fever vaccination?
You will not be at risk of catch Yellow Fever. Currently, the Health Bureau of Ecuador does not demand a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate to enter into Ecuador.
Is Malaria a risk in Ecuador?
Malaria has not been reported from our reserves, but for your safety we recommend consulting you physician for further information; make sure that your physician’s advices are based on updated information.
Is water drinkable?
We use safe bottled water for food preparation, but DO NOT drink directly for the sink in your room.
Do I need travel insurance?
We recommend our passengers to get travel insurance.